New in Summer 2018 are the New Black Kingpins, intended for use with our new New Silver Springs.
These New Black Kingpins feature 7mm of threads which eliminates "tuning". Just tighten the kingpin until it stops turning and you're tuned perfectly.
We also offer a Silver Spring kit comprising a set of Silver Springs, a set of Black Kingpins and a hex tool to aid in the upgrade.
Prior to purchasing, please view this video.
- This upgrade kingpin is ONLY for use with HST Carving Trucks.
- The New Black Kingpins come with black locknuts. The old silver locknuts are too long, and may not "lock" onto the black kingpins.
- The New Silver Springs have an extra half turn, and are slightly longer than the legacy Red (and Black) springs, so if you're replacing Red or Black springs, you must remove one of the fender washers to make room for the new longer spring.
- While you're at it, you may want to replace your wavecams.
- Clean old grease and lubricate generously with white Lithium grease while you're making this change.